We have an ambition to become a leader in data and insight use across local government. We know effective use of data and insights can add significant value to how we design, deliver and improve public services – enabling us to work in the most effective and efficient way possible and leading to improved outcomes for people and places in Kirklees.
We have recently developed an ambitious Data and Insight Strategy which focuses on –
- Taking an outcome-led approach to the use of data and insights – focusing on data use that will make a positive difference to our residents and our places.
- Improving our data maturity, our data literacy and our data and insight capabilities.
- Building a technology landscape that supports and enables effective and efficient use of data.
- Improving how we handle and work with data – the processes; management; and governance.
- Creating the conditions for iterative delivery, innovation, experimentation and collaboration.
- Being more transparent and open with our data.
We have a wide variety of exciting roles with clear progression routes in our new Data and Insight Service. These include data engineering, spatial data and GIS, data analytics and data science, business intelligence and data visualisation, consultation and engagement, and research and evaluation.
We’recommitted to diversity and inclusion and will encourage and support your personal and professional development. We are a modern and progressive organisation, committed to family friendly, flexible and agile ways of working - as well as offering many other benefits including a generous pension scheme and annual leave entitlement of 27.5 days a year (plus public holidays).
If you have a passion for improving public services and outcomes for people and places; would like to work with great people and modern technology such as Tableau; and want to help us do great things with data and insights, please have a look at the roles we have available below.