Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of St Winefride's Catholic Primary School.
The role of the caretaker is a crucial role and is essential to the smooth running of the school. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of school and School Business Manager to ensure that pupils, staff, Governors and visitors are able to work in a welcoming, clean and safe environment.
The working hours will be all year round and negotiable and will involve locking the building at the end of the day.
- Previous experience of working within an estate management role
- Good communication skills and a team player
- Good at developing strong working relationships with employees, maintenance support agencies and contractors
- Attention to detail in every area of the role especially in relation to ensuring the inside and outside of the site is free from rubbish and litter and is clean in all areas
- Strong Worth Ethic
- Enthusiasm to make a real difference and create an excellent learning environment for our children.
- Customer focused, polite, honest, and helpful.
- A can do mentality
- Previous experience of managing a team
- A strong understanding of health and safety processes.
- Driven to ensuring a clean, safe working environment for children, staff and visitors
- A pride in your work and a desire to make a difference at St Winefride's Catholic Primary School
As a Caretaker, you will on a daily basis:
- Ensure health and safety obligations are met and manage statutory compliance for the premises using the EVERY system
- Lock/Unlock the School and carry out security checks on the building
- Look after all hard and soft services facilities management including planned and reactive maintenance
- Lead the cleaning team to ensure the school remains clean, tidy and always safe to be open. Covering Cleaning absence when required
- Ensure the Site is always clean and free from litter inside and outside
- Line manage your team to get outstanding results.
- Undertake cleaning duties to support your team.
- Provide maintenance and repairs on site indoors and outdoors
- Monitor stock, order supplies and handle/move deliveries
- Manage the supply chain of cleaning products
- Contacting and Supporting contractors on site
- Ensure that all contractual obligations are achieved on a monthly or annual basis
- Build relationships, working closely with the School business manager and Head of school to ensure the school’s needs are met
- A dedicated and experienced staff team, supported by Governors and parents
- An opportunity to make a significant contribution to our ongoing improvements
- An opportunity to further professional development
- Access to excellent training and Guidance
Additional Information & How to Apply
Applicants are warmly invited to visit the school. For further details, please contact:
Mrs Lisa Shaw (School Business Manager) on: 01274 677705 or email email@example.com
Applications packs are available on the St Winefride's Catholic Primary School website .
Please note all completed application forms must be posted/emailed directly to the school. Only CES application forms will be accepted.
All completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting and interviews: Monday 20th November 2023
References will be requested from those shortlisted.
Blessed Christopher Wharton Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to pre-employment checks, an enhanced DBS disclosure and references.