Homes and Neighbourhoods currently manages 22,000 homes for Kirklees Council. Working with our communities it is our vision to provide, ‘Quality Homes and Services in successful communities’. We take our vision seriously and work hard to achieve this.
As a plumber you will travel throughout Kirklees and surrounding areas to deliver the duties of this role and meet the needs of the business and its customers. You will be expected to work flexibly, around core hours, based on an annual hours allowance with the needs of the business being the priority. You may also be required to work overtime and be a participant on the call out rota as requested by management.
You will visit premises and properties to carry out plumbing works in line with contractual requirements. This may include maintenance, repair, installation of wet rooms, refurbishment, and renewal work on domestic properties, schools and public buildings. Additional multi skilled experience is desirable for this position.
You will be required to work from a hand held mobile device and complete relevant records to ensure the department has up to date and accurate information.
You will build and maintain effective working relationships and communication links and be a representative of Kirklees with internal and external clients and customers.
You will have excellent communication and customer care skills to effectively liaise with a variety of customers and clients both internally and externally.
You will work with colleagues across the organisation in line with Kirklees Council’s core behaviours and values and contribute to the delivery of the organisation’s purpose, vision and objectives.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- City and Guilds or Level 3 Plumbing qualification
- Be capable of fitting bathrooms, tiling walls and fitting kitchens.
- Additional multi skilled experience is desirable for this position.
To do this role you will need:
- A Full valid UK driving licence and ability to pass the Kirklees Council van test;
- Be physically fit to bend, lift, carry, work at heights and in confined spaces while carrying out your duties.
In addition to joining a great team, you will receive the following:
- A competitive salary of between - £28,226 - £30,894
- Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme, including Life Assurance.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 27.5 days annual leave, increasing to 32.5 days with continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Access to a range of well-being support initiatives including but not limited to: an Employee Assistance programme, Healthy Eating Active Lifestyle assessments, Cycle to Work programme and discounted KAL gym membership.
Interviews are available throughout the day, early evening and weekends. You are asked to detail dates you are not available and which time would suit you best.
If you are invited to interview you will be required to bring with you original Right to Work documentation and original certificates confirming your qualifications, we are unable to progress with an appointment without these documents. If you have misplaced your certificates you can request replacements on the following link:
As there are a number of roles to fill interviews will be ongoing and when all the positions are filled we will close the advert.