Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of Thornhill Junior & Infant School
Do you want to make a difference every day? We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking Pastoral Worker to join our successful team. We are determined to ensure our children have the best possible start to their educational journey with us and we work closely in partnership with families. Our Pastoral Team sits at the heart of our school to enable all to access our broad and balanced curriculum and develop their confidence and self-esteem.
We are committed to supporting our children to reach their potential, ensuring that they leave us in Year 6 ready to make a meaningful contribution to the wider world. As part of this, we passionately believe in providing additional support to help our children develop their social and emotional awareness, in addition to achieving well academically.
Our Pastoral Worker will primarily work with children who need additional support and guidance, working with individuals/groups (including those with SEND) in or out of the classroom.
The successful applicant will:
- Be empathetic, fair and use their initiative.
- Have a firm but fair approach.
- Be flexible and caring.
- Build mutually respectful relationships and support individual needs.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be committed to contributing as part of a successful team.
- Be passionate about enabling every child to fulfil their potential.
We can offer you:
- happy, enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn.
- a supportive team of professional staff.
- a well-resourced and attractive learning environment.
- excellent professional development opportunities.
This post is suitable for graduates considering teaching as a future career, existing ETAs and people considering a career change.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended to talk to the Headteacher and staff. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment. We would love to show you around!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you require further information about the role, please contact the school on telephone: 01924 453259 or you can visit the school website at www.thornhilljischool.co.uk
To apply for this role, please download and complete the application form attached. A CV is not required.
Application forms should be returned to the Headteacher at school either by email email@example.com or by post, by 12 noon on Friday 24th November 2023.