KIRKLEES COUNCIL ARE ADVERTISING THIS ROLE ON BEHALF OF BOOTHROYD PRIMARY ACADEMY
Boothroyd Primary Academy is a rapidly improving school serving over 640 pupils from the local Dewsbury community and judged by OFSTED as a Good school with Outstanding features. We are also the first school to be awarded “therapeutic schools” status and believe we have created a wonderful, relaxed environment for our children.
Are you a teacher with experience of secondary schools, looking for the opportunity to shape and deliver the Modern Foreign Language curriculum in a primary school?
An excellent and rewarding opportunity exists for an energetic and committed Language Specialist Teacher to join our school. We are seeking a professional who has a real passion for Modern Foreign Languages.
The position will be for one day a week with responsibility for the delivery of the Modern Foreign Language curriculum across key stage two (7-11 year olds’). We are looking for a teacher who is fluent in either Spanish, French or German who has a secure understanding of how links can be made with the English language. They will take responsibility for weekly planning and the assessment, feedback and progress monitoring. He/she will also be responsible for co-ordinating links with local secondary schools and to lead staff INSET/skills development as well as writing curriculum plans.
We are looking for a teacher who can work across the school and is able to demonstrate:
- A passion for developing pupils’ interest in learning new languages and learning about the culture of the countries where the language is spoken.
- A commitment to inspiring pupils and looking to be part of a vibrant, forward-thinking and successful team.
- A successful track record of raising attainment and progress for pupils of all abilities.
- A highly effective set of communication and interpersonal skills so as to engage positively with colleagues, pupils and parents.
- A commitment to providing a highly effective learning environment and a willingness to positively embrace change, challenge and opportunities.
This is an exceptional and rare opportunity for someone who has the qualities, skills and experience to be part of our team and drive MFL forward.
Visits are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by calling 01924 562425. The closing date for applications is Friday 14th October 12:00 noon and interviews will be held as soon as possible after this date.
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
Further information about the role and Boothroyd Academy can be found in the attached Recruitment Information Pack.
You can also visit the school website
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached. Application forms should be returned to the Principal at the school by Friday 14th October at 12:00 noon via email to email@example.com
School Address: Boothroyd Primary Academy, Temple Road, Dewsbury, WF13 3QE