Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of Brooksbank School
Are you a passionate, friendly and dedicated when it comes to providing excellent care and educational support to students who may be at risk of permanent exclusion? Do you recognize yourself as having strong communication skills, patience and understanding? Are you a strong team player who can help to secure outstanding outcomes for all students in a safe, vibrant, and happy school? If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
The Link can be found a short distance away from the main Brooksbank School site, set in it’s own grounds with self-contained facilities, the Link offers support to those who may be at risk of permanent exclusion from school. Facilities include a modern school classroom, but also allow for other activities such as gardening and spending time in nature. Expectations are made clear, and achievements are celebrated here, with vibrant displays of posters and certificates throughout the Link.
What will you get in return?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a passionate and friendly team under the direction and with the support of the Link Manager, SENDCO and Inclusion Manager. You will also benefit from fantastic support and development opportunities to enable you to do what you do best at this wonderful school. At The Brooksbank School you’ll find a strong foundation where you can make a real difference to the lives of our children.
You’ll be joining a school and Trust which is all about putting staff first – with numerous wellbeing initiatives and social events to enjoy each term!
In addition to this you will benefit from:
- West Yorkshire Pension Fund – one of the best pension schemes in the country.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free Parking
- An onsite Gym
- Employee assistance programme
- Collaboration with Trust colleagues in similar roles
- Working as part of a creative and supportive team who want the best for all of our students
What the role involves in a nutshell:
- Work under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the Inclusion Manager, SENCO, Link Manager and classroom teacher to support access to learning.
- Plan and lead learning activities related to the structure of the LINK school day.
- Plan and lead Interventions within or outside of the classroom.
- Plan and support curriculum related activities to support student outcomes
- Communicate with parents to support positive relationships / outcomes
If our school sounds like a place in which you could really make a difference, then we would love to show you around and tell you more about our wonderful school.
HOW TO APPLY
Could we be a good fit for each other? If you’d like a chat about the role, or a chance to visit the school ahead of making a formal application, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Please contact Claire Washington email@example.com
If you’re ready to apply, please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff and volunteers are expected to behave in a way that supports this commitment and are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. If you are shortlisted for interview, we will undertake an online public search in line with guidance from the Department for Education and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023.