Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of Park Lane Academy.
Purpose of the post
The role of Learning Support Assistant is to assist the SEND Department to support students with additional needs to access learning. Working with individuals or small groups to motivate and inspire students to enjoy their learning, leading to a desire to achieve their highest potential in all subjects.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- To contribute to raising standards of achievement for all students.
- To support the welfare and wellbeing of students, contribute to their personal development.
- To enable students to become more independent learners by assisting them to increase their knowledge, understanding and skills.
- To work with all staff to develop appropriate support for individuals and groups of students, including the preparation of classroom resources for students with special and additional needs.
- To contribute to promoting the inclusion of children into school by supporting individual children who for one reason or another find it difficult.
- To flexibly work across SEND department.
- To specifically support the learning of students with special/additional needs by working with small groups and individuals under the direction of the Assistant Principal/Special Educational Needs and class teachers.
- To provide personal care including; toileting, physical hygiene, feeding assistance.
- To support students in promoting positive behaviour.
- To help develop students social skills and their independence.
- To provide support for and contribute to the delivery of the Literacy and Numeracy Strategies.
- To provide feedback to teachers.
- To work with groups of students, individual students on strategies to raise attainment.
- To support specific curriculum areas as required.
- To make a contribution to the Support and Guidance systems of the school.
- To carry out break and lunch duties (on rota).
- To contribute to creating and maintaining an environment that is conducive to learning.
- To keep abreast of any developments in Special Needs, by attending relevant courses as required by the senior leadership team and line manager.
- To work in accordance with all Academy/Trust policies and procedures.
- To have a commitment to self-review and development.
- Any other duties at the reasonable discretion of the Principal or his designate.
How to Apply
Thank you for taking time to read and digest our information. If you wish to apply for the post you should;
- Complete the application from our website fully, ensuring all details are accurate and all declarations are signed
- Please ensure you enclose two previous employers’ professional referees, one being your current employer (with email addresses if possible). Do not enclose additional CVs
- Ensure you fully complete the personal statement section of the form, this should be no longer than the allocated space of two sides in the application form, addressing the key characteristics and experiences outlined in the person specification and the unique contribution that you could make to the future success of this academy
- Submit your application electronically by midnight on 17th November 2023 on My New Term.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students, and staff must share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure and barring service check and the Academy’s safer recruitment policy and procedures.