Required for September 2022 or ASAP, we are looking for a qualified teacher with recent experience who can enthuse and motivate pupils to achieve their full potential.
If you are resilient with a positive, ' can do ' attitude and a calm and proactive approach and would like to be part of our dynamic inclusion team and teach in ' Succeed,' our onsite alternative provision, then Westborough could be your next move.
We provide a broad and balanced educational provision for 15 pupils whose needs cannot be met in mainstream for a variety of reasons including challenging behaviour and complex Social and Emotional and Mental Health needs.
The successful candidate will have a passion for empowering disadvantaged young people through education within a nurturing environment.
You will be a group leader for one of the three teaching groups, teach across the inclusion centre and take part in and plan enrichment activities with the full cohort.
Applicants should have a good knowledge and experience of working with disaffected pupils in a mainstream primary or secondary school, a Pupil Referral Unit, an Alternative Provision or SEND setting.
An affinity for pupils with complex backgrounds and learning needs is an essential quality for this rewarding opportunity.
The successful applicant will be part of a dedicated, creative and supportive staff team who thrive on making a real difference every day to the lives of vulnerable young people.
Essential qualities for all applicants include amongst other things:
- Experience of planning and delivering lessons and tailored interventions to pupils with SEMH needs
- The ability to effectively communicate with children/young people, school staff, parents and outside agencies.
- An understanding of child development and learning including Special Educational Needs
- An understanding of Child Protection Procedures
- An understanding of the needs of pupils with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs who have suffered from adverse childhood experiences and trauma
- Experience of mentoring and one to one support with young people, including those with challenging behaviour.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake first aid training
- You will need to hold a full driving licence.
(Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for full details)
As a valued member of our team we can offer:
- Clear and shared values and expectations
- A commitment to tailored professional development
- A stimulating work environment
- An experienced, highly committed and supportive leadership team
If you are dynamic and are full of initiative and have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that pupils not only achieve their potential, but exceed it, then we would like to hear from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
You are warmly welcomed to visit our school to meet other staff and to see for yourself what a great place Westborough is to work.
If you require further information about the role, please contact the school on telephone: 01924 469549 or you can visit the school website at www.w-h-s.org.uk.
Applications to be returned for the attention of Fiona Sharp email@example.com by 9.00 a.m. on Thursday 7 July 2022. (Interviews likely to be Friday 15 July 2022.)