The Estate Caretaking Service provides an effective and high-quality estate environmental service, supporting Homes & Neighbourhoods staff to deliver a customer focused holistic Housing Management Service.
The main requirement of an Estate Caretaker is to:
- Deliver a customer focused estate caretaking service
- Undertake a range of environmental tasks within tenanted property, gardens, and estates
- Undertake fire safety checks to identity and report findings
- Keep estates clean and tidy including the removal of fly tipping
- Help to maintain decent homes and sustainable communities, working in partnership with Housing Officers and other services
Estate Caretakers work on a patch basis and take ownership of their patch to ensure that these duties are covered and will also support colleagues in the team where there is an increase in work on other patches.
Estate caretakers are responsible for ensuring the safety of our tenants in high rise and 6 story blocks of flats and carry out daily checks to ensure that all equipment is in good working order and is compliant, along with being responsible for the removal of any obstruction in communal areas.
Estate Caretakers will work within the estate caretaking service area and will be required to deputise for other Estate Caretakers across Kirklees as and when required.
We particularly welcome applications from women and Black, Asian, minority, Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds as they are currently underrepresented in this area. All appointments will be made based on merit of skill and experience for the role.
Please note that we will not be accepting CVs as part of this application process.
The successful candidates will need to have a Full UK, clean driving licence (are able to drive a manual vehicle).
In addition to joining a great team, you will receive the following:
- A competitive salary of between £20,444 - £22,129
- Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme, including Life Assurance.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 27.5 days annual leave, increasing to 32.5 days with continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working available through agreement with Team Leader and meeting the requirements of the service.
- Access to a range of well-being support initiatives including but not limited to an Employee Assistance programme, Healthy Eating Active Lifestyle assessments, Cycle to Work programme and discounted KAL gym membership.
Homes & Neighbourhoods is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As an organisation we are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Early evening interviews can be available if required.