Engineer - Highway Network Management and Co-Ordination Team




Contract Type:


Job ID:


Closing Date:


No quick apply - please check job description for how to apply

Kirklees Council is a key partner of the West Yorkshire Combined Authority and is tasked, together with its other West Yorkshire neighbours and City of York Council to deliver economic growth throughout the City Region. Highways Service is charged with delivering a range of Capital and Revenue funded works to support this. It is our role to ensure our Statutory duties are achieved, and our legislative / regulatory obligations met, within a politically high-profile area.  

This role is based within Highway Network Management and Co-Ordination Team – NRASWA

Our Engineers are responsible for supporting effective engineering services that improve the lives of our customers.  

You will promote a good working environment.  

We offer a competitive salary and are committed to train and develop you, our family friendly policies combined with flexible ways of working aim to both improve your work life balance and our service delivery.  You will be expected to develop in your new role and gain relevant training qualifications such as NRASWA (New Roads and Street Works Act) Supervisory accreditation.

Requirements for this job:  

  • GCSE (Maths and English Grade C and above) or equivalent NVQ 2 
  • An ability to develop and grow the skills required for this post and to progress. 
  • Has ability to apply technical knowledge and understanding to a range of highways related activities.
  • Good level of IT knowledge and skills including Microsoft Office.
  • Skills and ability to carry out basic research and report back findings  

Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult to do the job effectively without a full and valid driving licence, so you should either hold a licence or have the ability to gain one It is expected that you will use a council vehicle (exceptions can be made for disabled applicants) so you must be willing to undertake  a Kirklees Council Driving Assessment and travel between sites.