Golcar J I & N School is a popular school within the Colne Valley with 431 children currently on roll. We provide a positive, nurturing and inspiring learning environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their goals. Our children are keen to learn, are well behaved and want to achieve their best.
We wish to appoint 2x Educational Teaching Assistants on a permanent basis to work in Early Years / KS1. We are looking for a friendly, flexible and caring person to join our school.
The roles are 30 hours per week and will be based around working with children with social emotional difficulties, phonics delivery in EYFS and KS1, and/or supporting in early years.
Experience of working with children in a school environment and knowledge of National Curriculum is essential. Experience of working with children with additional needs and an understanding of positive behavioural support approaches are desirable. Experience or skills in planning for outdoor lunchtime activities across the key stages. Setting up engaging activities outdoors and indoors such as outdoor craft, outdoor construction, forest activities, table and floor games, indoor craft.
Applications are invited from individuals who are enthusiastic, positive with good communication skills and able to work as part of a team to support children’s learning.
We can offer
- A welcoming, inclusive, caring school.
- A hard working and supportive staff team who are committed to high quality teaching and learning.
- A supportive senior leadership team who are committed to everyone being a leader.
- A commitment to professional development.
- Enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn.
- High standards and high expectations in every aspect of school life.
- An opportunity to make a difference to children’s lives and their families.
- A supportive and dedicated Governing Body.
- Parents / carers who are keen to work in partnership to raise standards.
- Support, guidance and management from the Headteacher
- Dedicated time for planning and preoparation of lessons.
In return we are looking for:
- Commitment and enthusiasm to motivate children, practitioners and parents/carers to reach their full potential.
- Support for the vision, ethos and policies of the school and promote high levels of achievement;
- Someone who is passionate about children’s learning and welfare and with high expectations for all learners.
- A team player who can work alongside teaching staff to deliver positive outcomes for children
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
We would encourage candidates to visit school. For more information about the school please go to our school website – www.golcarjin.com
Closing Date: 27th Nov 2023
Interview date: 30th Nov 2023