This is an exciting time to join Fixby J&I School. We are a forward-thinking school with the pupils at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined our vision and values to reflect our community and the current climate and are shaping the curriculum to meet the diverse needs of our pupils. We provide our pupils with a quality education, both inside and outside the classroom and we are seeking to employ an individual who will bring enthusiasm and passion to enhance our ethos.
We have a range of pupils with varying degrees of needs across EYFS, KS1 & KS2. These children require one-to-one support from highly motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic educational support assistants, along with guidance and encouragement to engage in small group work.
These needs include:
• High complex needs, including social and emotional.
• Hearing impairment.
• Cognitive development.
• Global development delay
• Medical needs
The ideal candidate will:
• Be patient, tolerant and forward-thinking as this role is to specifically support a non-verbal child with autism.
• Be flexible, caring, empathetic and able to work well as part of a team and be the lead communicator with the family.
• Have proven experience working with children with complex needs.
• Be adaptable as supporting children elsewhere across school may be required at short notice.
We can offer:
• A chance to become an important part of the Fixby Team and make a real difference to the lives of our friendly, enthusiastic children.
• The opportunity for further training and learning to enhance your skill-set and confidence.
• A highly skilled and supportive leadership team.
• Friendly and welcoming pupils who are eager to learn.
Fixby Junior & Infant School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached. A CV will not be accepted.
Applications should be returned for the attention of the School Business Manager via email to email@example.com or by post to Fixby J&I School, Lightridge Road, Fixby, Huddersfield, HD2 2HB by noon Thursday 23rd November 2023