Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of Honley High School High School
Are you passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated when it comes to delivering lessons to students? Do you recognize yourself as having strong communication skills, patience and understanding? Are you a strong team player who can help to secure outstanding outcomes for all students in a safe, vibrant, and happy school? If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a classroom practitioner.
- Relevant experience in secondary schools.
- Good ICT skills.
- Vision, flair and creativity as well as the energy and determination to bring about change.
- A strong team player ethic, who works effectively with young people, colleagues and the wider community.
- The energy, stamina and commitment to make a difference and create the best possible educational opportunities for the young people at Honley High School.
What you’ll get in return?
You’ll be joining a school and Trust which is all about putting staff first – with numerous wellbeing initiatives and social events to enjoy each term!
In addition to this you will benefit from:
- Automatic enrolment to the West Yorkshire Pension Fund
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff development through appraisal and CPD
- Access to a canteen
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Great transport links – Honley Train Station is across the road
- Free onsite car parking
- Collaboration with Trust colleagues in similar roles
- Working as part of a creative and supportive team who want the best for all of our students
What the role involves in a nutshell:
- Supervising whole classes during the short-term absence of their teacher. The focus of such cover will be to deliver the lesson their teacher had planned, respond to questions, assist students to undertake the activities and stay on task and maintain order.
- Supporting individuals and groups of students to enable access to learning. This could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas.
- Support teaching staff with general administration under the direction of the Cover Manager.
If our school sounds like a place in which you could really make a difference, then we’d love to show you around and tell you more about our wonderful school.
Applications are particularly welcome from those with a background in sport or coaching or those wishing to join the teaching profession. Training and support will be provided, including the possibility of further qualifications in both of these fields.
Could we be a good fit for each other? If you’d like a chat about the role, or a chance to visit the school ahead of making a formal application, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Please contact Kelly Hodges our Cover Manager via email@example.com
If you’re ready to apply, please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff and volunteers are expected to behave in a way that supports this commitment and are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. If you are shortlisted for interview, we will undertake an online public search in line with guidance from the Department for Education and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023.