To commence ASAP
(Fixed Term to cover maternity leave until May 2024)
This is an exciting time to join Fixby J&I School. We are a forward-thinking school with the pupils at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined our vision and values to reflect our community and the current climate and are shaping the curriculum to meet the diverse needs of our pupils. We provide our pupils with a quality education, both inside and outside the classroom and we are seeking to employ an individual who will bring enthusiasm and passion to enhance our ethos.
Application forms are strongly encouraged from individuals who have a background or experience of working in a primary school setting. We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled, motivated member of staff to work part of our team enhancing children’s learning across the curriculum.
This role is dual-aspect with your time shared between Cover Supervisor to cover teaching staff’s PPA and Leadership time along with whole class support alongside the class teacher on a day-to-day. basis.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have proven experience working with children coupled with a positive, child focused approach
• Be flexible, caring and friendly with the ability to form strong relationships with the whole school community
• Possess excellent organisational skills to manage the dual role effectively
• Set and achieve high standards of learning, behaviour and care by leading by example
• Lead under the direction of teacher’s planning to effectively teach and engage during PPA cover
• Make effective use of ETAs to enhance and adapt the learning of children with varying degrees of ability
• Enjoy taking part in the wider life of the school
We can offer:
• A chance to become an important part of the Fixby Team and make a real difference to the lives of our friendly,
• The opportunity for further training and learning to enhance your skill-set and confidence.
• A highly skilled and supportive leadership team.
• Friendly and welcoming pupils who are eager to learn.
Fixby Junior & Infant School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached. A CV will not be accepted.
Applications should be returned for the attention of the School Business Manager via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Fixby J&I School, Lightridge Road, Fixby, Huddersfield, HD2 2HB