At Kirklees we offer competitive pay, the local government pension scheme, great benefits, flexible working and excellent holidays.
We are looking for someone to join our Catering team at Cliffe House. The Kirklees Catering Service provides high quality catering services to schools throughout our business portfolio. It also provides café and restaurant services in some commercial premises. You will work as part of the catering team at Cliffe House but maybe required to work across a number of venues in Kirklees.
The Cook is a member of the catering team who is responsible for supporting the operation of the efficient catering department. You will assist the Catering Manager in the delivery of the service. You will be responsible for preparing meals and serving children. This will include hot food, snacks and beverages prepared on site.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to meet high standards of quality and health and safety through our training programmes
- Be comfortable in a very flexible, fast-paced working environment
- Wear appropriate uniform (provided) and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
- Ideally you will have a food hygiene certificate, however, we will provide training to obtain this award
- Ability to achieve the level 2 award in food allergen awareness and control in catering
- Undertake the duties of the Catering Supervisor in their absence including all paperwork and administration
- Effective communication skills
- Great customer service skills
What we can provide for you:
- Paid above the national living wage
- Free food hygiene and Allergen awareness training
- Regular working hours and patterns
- Monday – Friday working hours
- Career progression options
- Uniform provided
For more information about this job please contact Catering relief on 01484221000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for your application to be considered please fully complete the easy application process answering the shortlisting questions.