Netherthong Primary School is an outstanding county primary co-educational day school catering for children in the age range 4-11 years. The school is organised into a class per year group (Reception – Year 6).
We are a school with strong community links, serving the village of Netherthong, and pupils are encouraged to explore the local environment as part of their learning process. We maintain a happy atmosphere, a place where children will want to come, where friends are made, learning is enjoyed and high standards are set. This is as a partnership between school, parents and pupils.
We require a committed an Apprentice SEND Teaching Assistant to provide support on a one to one basis and with small groups of pupils. Specifically, this may be to:
- Deliver personalised learning programmes for pupils
- Supporting individuals and groups within the setting
- Work within the school’s behaviour policy to ensure all pupils’ behaviour is managed positively
- Work closely with key members of staff to ensure positive outcomes for pupils
- Liaise with parents and carers to ensure an enjoyable school experience for families
- Provide verbal and written feedback to pupils about how well they have achieved and what they need to do next to further improve
- Keep records in line with school policies and procedures
We are looking for someone who:
- is confident in their ability and can work with initiative
- educated to GSCE standard (English and Maths grade 4 or above) or equivalent
- is able to use computer programs
- works well within a team, is keen to share ideas and happy to take advice from colleagues and specialist staff
- is caring, friendly, adaptable and hardworking
In return we offer the successful applicant:
- happy, enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn.
- a well-resourced and attractive learning environment.
- a highly skilled, loyal and supportive team of staff and senior leaders
Please return completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org