Learning Support Assistant
Salary details: £11.85 per hour
Ref: CRO 1395
Economy and Infrastructure
Commercial, Regulatory & Operational Services
Place of Work: Town Halls - Across Kirklees
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours per Week: 37 hours
Closing date: 28 April 2019
You will be expected to work Huddersfield, Batley, Cleckheaton and Dewsbury Town Halls (and other venues as necessary).
An opportunity has arisen to contribute to the work of the Council’s One Venue portfolio at a particularly exciting time for the service. With business growth we have created an important new post to assist in the delivery of a first class, customer-focussed bars and catering service.
This is a challenging role which encompasses the following key outcomes:-
· The successful delivery of a balanced and cost effective bar and catering service for all types of events. Managing food costs and wastage to achieve budget targets.
· Bars and catering offer which is imaginatively planned and serviced, demonstrating an understanding of the needs of different service users.
· Development of new opportunities to drive the service forward and to maximise income.
· Improving catering and bar services to existing visitors and reaching out to new customers.
· Large scale preparation and production of buffets and meals with first class presentation skills.
· Ensuring that appropriate financial targets are met and customer service standards are maintained.
· Maintaining appropriate levels of food hygiene
· Talking responsibility for accurate cash reconciliation and banking.
With a friendly, supportive and respectful manner you will enjoy the opportunity to engage with a wide and diverse range of customers from both inside and outside the Council.
You will be a ‘self-starter’ with the ability to manage your own workload. You will have the ability to work effectively on your own as well as supervising and directing a large casual team during Town Hall events and performances, ensuring the delivery of a safe and efficient customer-focussed service at both the Town Halls and, on occasion, at other venues.
You will focus on ‘getting the job done’ by adopting a flexible and ‘can do’ approach to operational challenges, problem-solving and competing priorities. Remaining calm and thoughtful under pressure, you will thrive in what can be a fast-moving, demanding and constantly changing work environment.
A strong team player, you will appropriately support your colleagues to ensure the best possible outcomes for all customers.
The Town Halls operate seven days a week and the post-holder is expected to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business, which will include regular evening and weekend working.
If you enjoy working with the public and you are of smart appearance, with a confident, pleasant and professional manner and excellent customer service skills we would love to hear from you.
It is essential that you have at least 12 months experience of supervising staff in a bars / catering environment.
Accept that a DBS check will be required. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile - this information needs to be inserted under the 'Relevant skills, experience and behaviours' section on the Application Form. CV’s will not be accepted.