Your application is the first step in the process we use to choose employees. It plays an important part in deciding whether or not we invite you to the next stage of the process. Our decision on who to invite will be based on the information you give in your application, which we will compare with the requirements for the job.
Close Personal Relationships: If you have a close personal relationship with an existing employee you cannot be considered for appointment to a job in the same team and in the same line of management.
- Read the job advert and any related information thoroughly to make sure that the job and conditions are suitable for you.
- Check the closing date to ensure your application reaches us on time. We will not normally consider applications we receive after the closing date.
- Read the instructions on the application form carefully before you enter anything.
- The information you provide in your application form should be relevant to the job you are applying for.
- Make sure the information you give us is clear, precise and easy to understand.
- Using the job profile/description, make sure your supporting evidence explains how your experience, knowledge and skills meet the requirements of the job.
- We don’t make any assumptions about you or your abilities so please make sure that you give full details on your application.
- If we ask for a qualification, make sure that you give us all the information we ask for, for example, grades, level and length of the qualification/study. You can also include any other qualifications/training you consider relevant to your application. Include any short courses, seminars or workplace training you have done that you feel are relevant to your application. Indicate the length of course/training.
- If we ask you to come to the selection process, we will need to see your original qualification/training certificate(s) or proof from the examining body.
- Please provide details of any organisations that you are a member of which you feel are relevant to your application, again we may ask to see your membership documents.
All council jobs have the facility to apply online. For the majority of schools jobs they application form will be available as an attachment next to the advert for you to download or email to yourself; alternatively the advert will direct you to the school website for the application form.
Please contact HR Recruitment on 01484 221000 if:
- You are unable to apply online for a council job;
- You are unable to download, or email yourself a school application form.
If you require an application form in an alternative format please email email@example.com
What happens next
Once shortlisting has taken place you will be contacted if you have been selected for the next stage of the selection process. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. However do not let this stop you from applying for other jobs.
You can track the progress of your online application by logging in to your account and viewing ‘My Dashboard. Communications sent to you regarding your online application will also be available to view in ‘My Dashboard.
Kirklees Council is committed to offering all applicants feedback on their application at every stage of the recruitment process. Please telephone HR Recruitment on 01484 221000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org who will put you in touch with the relevant panel member.